On a previous post, I mentioned that about 1% of the people we meet are going to be sociopathic. This shouldn’t be a big surprise. No one promised that life was going to be fair, and if we take a moment to think about what “fair” would really be, we most certainly would not want that. We simply need to plan in advance for the simple fact that some of the folks in our lives are not going to play fair. Take this from Mark Cuban: “Work like there is someone working twenty-four hours a day to take it all away from you.”
There is another 1%. Actually, there is first a 3%– those that have specific goals. And one of those three writes them down. Yes– only 1% of the population has written, specific goals in life. I don’t recall where I heard this– maybe I will find a source.
To be part of that 1%, we are going to have to do as Tony Robbins has often said (1,2):
- Find your “must.” We have to raise our standards. It isn’t going to work to moan and complain that life isn’t fair. We have to take those “shoulds” and turn them into “musts.” Raise your game.
- Change your limiting beliefs. Become aware of these and destroy them. Don’t compete against the other guy, compete with what you know you are capable of.
- Model what works. Who you spend time with is who you become. Play against someone that is better than you. Continuously sharpen your skills. Find the right resources to make things work.
- Increase your intensity. It will require heart, commitment, and drive. It is what you practice in private that you will be rewarded for in public. Own your industry and brand yourself like no one else.
- Step up and give more than you expect to receive. Give more than anyone could possibly expect you to give. The secret to living is giving.
Remember the success cycle. Success breeds success.–
- potential— is unlimited.
- action— Massive action leads to massive results.
- results— Only the right actions will produce the desired results.
- belief/attitude of certainty— gotta believe it will work, increasing potential.
“I challenge you to make your life a masterpiece. I challenge you to join the ranks of those people who live what they teach, who walk their talk.” –Tony Robbins
- Tony Robbins – 5 Keys to Wealth & Happiness (part 1)
- Tony Robbins – 5 Keys to Wealth & Happiness (part 2)